Friday, September 17, 2010

Hello hello!

I'm back. I'm going to begin posting just my daily thoughts.

Jesus, recruiting is HARD. I haven't gotten a single interview yet after submitting my resume to companies such as Morgan Stanley, Barclays Capital, RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland), Bank of America- Merrill Lynch (BaML) and some other investment banks. But with a quite below average GPA (3.35) I'm scared that I won't even be able to get to the interview section!

What makes the GPA so important anyway? It's interesting. GPA shows the world how smart you are, how well your ability to synthesize concepts. With a low GPA like mine, it practically says, this guy isn't smart enough to analyze the global markets today. And I agree - I don't think I'm smart enough.

Which is why I'm working extremely hard to bring up my brain's intelligence level. How can I do that? There are so many brain exercises out there, but I think working on this blog is one way of doing it. Because your mind - your thoughts - they're always swimming around, thinking wildly, without focus, and only when you write, can you bring those ideas into focus.

So... wish me luck!! Next blog post will be up in a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment