Friday, September 17, 2010

Money issues

I have a total of 5$ in my wallet right now. I have 90$ in the bank. I have 400$ in credit card debt.

I feel so poor. But what can I do? My two internships - one at this FX-trading hedge fund, and one at Wells Fargo, both don't pay anything. They are all performance based - meaning, if I trade well, and if I get my boss clients, then I'll get a commission. Unfortunately however, my performance has been... lackluster...

I'm tired of asking my parents to pay for my credit card. This is just as hard of a time for them as it is for me. They are saving on everything, and have been for the past 4 years. Sometimes I wish we never moved to our huge house, which we bought practically in the middle of the housing boom (now it's down about 10% in value). That way at least we'd have a lot more money to spend on food, clothing, electronics, etc.

Do I miss my old house? Yes I do. But no use crying over spilled milk.

Money is so hard to come by. After I finish this full-time recruiting season, I'm going to work hard to find a paying internship, regardless of whether I get a full-time offer or not. I need the money. In the mean time, I'll try to not to get any interest on my credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment