Friday, September 24, 2010

Subway's improving

Over a period of time (within the past 2 years) I had this dislike for Subway and its sandwiches. Maybe it was because of the perceived low quality for it, or because the servers are so rude when giving you food. They will toss food onto your sandwich as if it was the trash pile, and then ask you caustically, "want chips and soda with that?" To which I say no, just a cup for water (cuz I'm cheap) and they would just stay there and glare at me.

But today I went and wow I was impressed. The service was as terrible as usual, but I ordered something I've never ordered before - a footlong Seafood Sensation on their new Flatbread. After adding lettuce, tomato, banana peppers (I'm obsessed with these things), olives, onions, and Chipotle Southwest Sauce (a MUST have for any subway sandwich) I soon bit down into one of the most delicious sandwiches I've ever tasted. The flatbread is an amazing complement to their sandwiches, much better than the other ones. And putting the Seafood Sensation on the 5-dollar footlong is definitely a huge bonus.

Funny enough, there's also a "free lunch" Entourage promotion going on right outside our building. I was tempted to wait there at first (they have some Italian Street Food) but honestly the wait - about 35 people, and the slow service, made it a half-hour wait for some free food that would cost around 5$. Now for someone like me, 5$ is a lot because I don't earn any money. But I still thought, ok, I'm at work, I should focus ON work. Not try and wait for free food.

When I get a real job, of course, I won't care about what I spend on food. I know I won't indulge myself too much, always being frugal, but I will relish the ability to not care if I spend 5 or 7$ on lunch.

Unfortunately, that time does not seem to be coming anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment